Andi Saptono, PhD
6025 Forbes Tower
- Assistant Professor
- PhD, Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Pittsburgh
- M.S., Health Information Management, University of Pittsburgh
- B.S., Information Technology, Bandung Institute of Technology, Bandung, Indonesia
- Personal Health Information
- Parmanto, B., Saptono, A., Sugiantara, W., Brienza, D., Nnaji, B., Information Technology Infrastructure for Supporting Telerehabilitation, Poster Presentation in RESNA Conference 2006, June 22-26, 2006, Atlanta, Georgia
- Saptono, A., Parmanto, B., An Integrated Telerehabilitation Infrastructure to Support Speech-language Therapy, Proceeding of American Telemedicine Association 12th Annual International Meeting, May 13-15, 2007, Nashville, Tennessee
- Saptono, A., Online Portal Technology to Manage Information in a Remote Wheelchair Teleassessment, Proceeding of International Conference on Aging, Disability and Independence 2008 Conference, Feb 20-23, 2008, St. Petersburg, Florida
- Saptono, A., Parmanto, B., Online Portal to Deliver Rich Services in Telerehabilitation, Poster Presentation in American Telemedicine Association 2008 13th Annual International Meeting & Exposition, April 6-8, 2008, Seattle, Washington
- Parmanto, B., Saptono, A., Murthi, R., Safos, C, and Lathan, C. (2008) “Secure Telemonitoring System for Delivering Telerehabilitation Therapy to Enhance Children’s Communication Function to Home”, Journal of Telemedicine and E-Health, Nov;14(9):932-8.
- Schein RM, Schmeler MR, Brienza D, Saptono A, Parmanto B. (2008) Development of a service delivery protocol used for remote wheelchair consultation via telerehabilitation, Journal of Telemedicine and E-Health, Nov;14(9):932-8.
- Saptono, A., Schein, R. M., Parmanto, & B., Fairman, A. (2009). Methodology for Analyzing and Developing Information Management Infrastructure to Support Telerehabilitation. International Journal of Telerehabilitation. 1(1). Retrieved from http://telerehab.pitt.edu/ojs/index.php/Telerehab/article/view/6012
- Parmanto, B., & Saptono, A. (2009). Telerehabilitation: State-of-the-Art from an Informatics Perspective. International Journal of Telerehabilitation. 1(1). Retrieved from http://telerehab.pitt.edu/ojs/index.php/Telerehab/article/view/6015
- Schein, RM., Schmeler, MR., Holm, MB., Saptono, A., Brienza, DM. (2010). Telerehabilitation wheeled mobility and seating assessments compared with in person. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2010 Jun;91(6):874-8.
Courses Recently Taught
- HRS-2422 Object-Oriented and Web Programming (Teaching Assistant)
- HRS-2424 Database Systems in Healthcare (Teaching Assistant)
- Andi Saptono is an Assistant Professor at the University of Pittsburgh. He has more than five years of experience in the field of software design, development, and usability study. His past works include development of ACCESS, a system to transcode the Internet for people with visual impairment and blindness; MyHealthBits, a personal health record system; and VISYTER, an integrated system to support telerehabilitation service.
Awards and Honors
- ATA 2006 Student Paper Award Nominee, 2006
- ATA 2007 Student Paper Award Nominee, 2007
- ICADI 2008 Student Scholarship Awardee, 2008
- ATA 2009 Student Paper Award Nominee, 2009
External Service and Assignments
- Acting President of the Indonesian Student Association at University of Pittsburgh, 2005-2009
- Vice President of the Indonesian Student Association at University of Pittsburgh, 2009-present